Splinting Materials for Physical Rehabilitation
The personal fit for in orthotic fabrication for physical rehabilitation
Orthotic fabrication materials from Orfit offer the highest possible performance to both therapists and patients in physical rehabilitation.
Their wide product range consists of engineered thermoplastics that will help you solve your most challenging splinting requirements.
All of their thermoplastic materials are developed and produced in-house to make sure that they are perfectly suited to their purpose and your needs.
Orfit Classic has excellent elastic and adhesive qualities. It is ideal for all splint types and has unlimited potential for fabrication of very large to very small orthoses. It is excellent as a base for different dynamic splint components.
Orfit Eco (NS)
Orfit Eco (NS) is extremely well suited for large and/or rigid splint fabrication. It is a great material for elbow, forearm, wrist, ankle, and even back supports as well as anti-spasticity, long arm and lower extremity splints.
Orfit Colors NS
Orfit Colors NS offers beautiful metallic and bright colours. Coloured products are highly recommended if you are looking for new ways to boost your patients' morale, make them feel good and improve compliance with splint wear.
Orfit Ease is a product that contours easily to the anatomy with minimal handling and the assistance of gravity, yet offers extreme support and comfort. We recommend Orfit Ease for orthoses for immobilization and rheumatology patients.
Allfit contains small pellets of thermoplastic material. The pellets simply adhere together uniformly and also adhere very well to other surface objects, allowing you to change the shape of utensils or to add additional components to orthoses.
Hook and loop tape
Wide variety and choice of practical, durable and colourful strapping materials.
Orficast Thermoplastic Tape
Orficast is a unique textile-like thermoformable taping material. It offers extreme comfort for your patients and is very easy to use. This knitted hybrid fabric is ideal for all applications of finger and/or thumb orthoses and supportive bandage wraps.
Orfit NS has unlimited potential for fabrication of very small to very large orthoses. It is an excellent base for attachments. The non-stick coating eliminates accidental adhesions but allows for temporary bonding while the product is warm.
Orfilight products are unique lightweight splinting materials with or without a non-stick (NS) coating. They are specifically designed to be lighter and more comfortable on your patient.
Orfit Flex NS
Orfit Flex NS is a very flexible and highly conforming material that forms a fairly sturdy and supportive end product. The best method for moulding Orfit Flex NS is to let gravity assist as the product is highly drapable. The new NS antibacterial coating allows for moulding directly over bandages.
Orfizip NS is extremely easy to mould and offers lightweight patient comfort as well as appropriate ventilation. The shape and design ensure a snug fit around the wrist. A zipper fastener for easy fitting, putting on and taking off is included.
Dynasyst - Dynamic Splinting
Dynasyst is our method of attaching outriggers to mobilization orthoses. Orfitubes are easy to bend into shape, and easily cut to length. Orthoses made with Dynasyst components are extremely supportive and aesthetically pleasing.
Orficast More (NEW PRODUCT)
Orficast More is a unique textile-like thermoformable taping material. It offers extreme comfort for your patients and is very easy to use. This knitted hybrid fabric is ideal for all applications of finger and/or thumb orthoses and supportive bandage wraps.
- Suspan 1: Large water bath in stainless steel. With electric thermostat, lid and water drainage. Temperature range : between 65°C and 95°C . Inner dimensions : 740 mm x 540 mm x 100 mm Water content : approximately 30 l.
- Suspan 2: Small water bath in stainless steel. With electric thermostat and lid. Temperature range : between 65°C and 95°C . Inner dimensions : 295 mm x 500 mm x 100 mm. Water content : approximately 10 l.
- Heat Gun: Compact & lightweight. Excellent heat control.
- Gingher Shears: Voted best scissor in the world by the majority of therapists
- Bandage Scissors: Ideal for removing and trimming of splinting material
- Sharp Scissors: The stainless steel blades are curved to the right angle to make cutting around curves easy
- Cogged Scissors: Cogged pair of scissors with return spring to cut sheets up to 3.2 mm
- Strong Scissors: Strong cogged pair of scissors with return spring to cut sheets from 2.0 mm to 4.2 mm
- Spring Coil Pliers: Full round nosed pliers for turning spring wire into coil with a diameter from 5 mm (3/16") to 10 mm (25/64").
- Eyelet Setter (Chrome Plated): To set eyelets in leather, fixation straps and Orfit 1.6 mm and 2.0 mm . Is supplied with 100 pieces of 7 mm eyelets.
- Deburring Knife: To smoothen splint edges. Ideal to finish splints made of non-perforated material in a fast and efficient way. Two blades are inside the handle.
- Dynamometer: Accurate dynamometer, max. 600 g. Ideal to measure static and dynamic splint tractions. A ring is attached to one end, a clip to the other