Armon Elemento® - Powered Arm Support
The Armon Elemento is an arm support, especially designed for those who only have limited strength in their arms and hands, or for those that can only use their muscular strength for a limited time. This can be the result of a spinal cord injury, RSI /CANS, cerebral infarction, or one of the many muscular diseases.
The Armon Elemento compensates the full weight of the arm by a spring compensation system. The user decides how much support he/she wants when using the Armon Elemento. The degree of compensation easily adjustable via a simple to use control which maybe incorporated into an electric wheelchair. The arm support follows the natural movement of the user, this allows the arm to move easily in all directions. The device distinguishes itself from similar products because, unlike many other product, the user decides the control. The user makes the movement and not the device.
What does the Armon Elemento have to offer?
The device is suitable for persons with physical disabilities. The Armon Elemento makes sure that the user can perform daily operations and activities without using muscle strength and energy.
Armon Elemento makes it possible to:
- Eat and drink
- Shake hands
- To carry out activities of daily living such as combing hair or washing your face
- Grab something high or low
The arm support is suitable for the following situations/diseases:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- After breast surgery
- After a stroke
- Spinal cord injury
- General back and shoulder pain
- Reduces the pressure on the arms, neck and shoulder
- Allows self-contained eating and drinking
- Illuminates existing complains
- Reduces static muscle tone
- Gives a comfortable feeling
- Improves posture
- To perform daily activities independently, more independence
- Easy to install & remove from seat
Marks of Armon Elemento:
- Suitable for both left and right handed users
- The brace (the part where the forearm rests) is available in different sizes
- Functionality combined with design
- Mounted on wheelchair or tripping chair
Working range of the Elemento: